Requirements: 3.0 and Up
Overview: This Oxford University Press source of information, Oxford Handbook of Occupational Health Second Edition, is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
• Fully updated covering recent legislation, guidelines, and current practice
• A concise, practical reference guide to the whole of occupational health theory and practice
• Includes an emergencies section for urgent treatment
• Covers contemporary issues such as obesity, ageing, rehabilitation, and child protection
New to this edition
• Includes topics on psychiatric emergencies, and summary of psychological therapies
• Includes new information on obesity and work, chronic pain management, writing a policy, child protection, and health effects of worklessness
• Follows latest national and international guidelines, including a new topic on REACH
• Expanded guidance on rehabilitation, work-related stress, and pandemic planning
Fully revised for this second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Occupational Health provides a concise practice-based guide.
Bringing together the latest legislation and guidance with current practice in the field, this is your authoritative guide to assessing and managing health risks in the workplace.
Consisting of twelve sections covering the full breadth of practice, the Handbook includes workplace hazards and diseases, occupational health emergencies, and practical procedures.
This second edition is also updated with new information on psychiatric emergencies, psychological therapies, chronic pain management, writing a policy, and obesity.
Providing a thorough, easy-to-use guide to the whole of occupational health, this Handbook is the essential resource for all occupational physicians, occupational health nurses, occupational hygienists, and all those dealing with workplace health and fitness, giving you the information you need at your fingertips.
Readership: Aimed primarily at occupational physicians in training, specialists in occupational health, occupational health nurses, general practitioners and hospital doctors, it will also appeal to individuals in other clinical specialties with an interest in workplace factors affecting their patients, and with responsibility for decisions on fitness for work
Authors: Edited by Julia Smedley, Finlay Dick, and Steven Sadhra
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade.
The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
This app has no advertisements