Requirements: Android OS 3.2 +
Overview: Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android may NOT be for you for any of the following reasons:
* Netflix and Hulu are not supported on Plex for Android at this time.
* The app will not currently play video on Honeycomb/Android 3.0 (yes that includes the Xoom).
* The app will work but is not yet optimized for tablets and larger screens.
* Plex for Android won't be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC or Mac - which is available for free at [url]http://www.plexapp.com [/url].
* You want to use Plex to get to your media remotely but you don't want to think about things like port-forwarding.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android.
- Chromecast support (early access for Plex Pass members)
- Massive improvements for remote controlling Plex players
- Add back ability to skip forward during video playback
- Big' notifications for local audio playback, on devices which support it
- Fix crash when stopping video/music/photo player once connection to server has been lost
- ... Lots more fixes, read about them here: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/60585-plex-for-android/?p=538594
This version has been patched to allow Chromecast without PlexPass
This app has no advertisements
play store link