we of SamMobile would like to give you the latest I9300XXUFME3 - Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean test firmware for the Galaxy S III. Big Thanks to our insider who made this all possible.
Development on Android 4.2.2 update isn't completely done yet. We do not know if Samsung will bring the new Galaxy S4 Camera features to the Galaxy S3. We expect Samsung to do this but we are not really sure if Samsung will do this with Android 4.2.2 or with 4.3 for the Galaxy S3.
Android 4.2.2 is still under testing phase by Samsung and they will release the official final Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S III in June. We wanted to give Samsung's hardcore fans a sneak preview of what Samsung is up to at their dev center.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 - Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface - Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands - Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
- This firmware will increase your binary counter but the current binary and system status will remain official.
- We have re-packaged this firmware from dump files.
- There is no modem in this firmware, so the Modem you will be using before flashing this firmware will remain the same.
- This is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
Android Version: 4.2.2 - JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 8 May 2013
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!