Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time due to its functionality and being open source.
Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid as well. The last version in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compile from source any time there are any significant changes. You can look at the source or the app
itself for the changelog or commit history.
File any bugs here.
The files below are labeled with a date. Any builds will have all commits through that date included with them. Check the source for what that includes.(It may be hard to visually notice any difference so if you go to about page I added a "Compiled on Date" so you can verify exactly which build date you have installed.)
Dev Build: No current dev build
The 3.x AdAway builds only support 4.1 (JellyBean) or greater Android versions. If you are running an older release of Android please use the 2.9.2 version.
AdAway v3.1 - Full Android 6.0 (marshmallow) support
(compiled from source on Oct-09-2015, signed and zipaligned)
(compiled from source on Oct-13-2014, signed and zipaligned)
Big Thanks to @DavisNT for his pull requests to make this happen.
Problems? Read this:
* if you use Chrome and still see ads on web pages, remember to disable the "data saver" or "reduced data usage" browser option
* check your APN settings for any proxy, the proxy itself could be allowing ads. Disable the proxy.
* after you install or make any change to AdAway, you must reboot for those changes to take effect
* If you are still having issues please read and understand all the info in theAdAway Wiki before asking for help here.
* 1 known issue on android 6.0 regarding import / export
1) Root (You must ROOT your Mobile Phone)
2) download and install
3)Open the app and download source and reboot