Requirements: 4.1 and up
Overview: Displays GPS and sensor data: position and signal strength of satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, bearing, pitch, roll and battery state.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the video below
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
KitKat related fixes:
- FIX: Rewritten sensor code so compass and level will work on KitKat devices
- FIX: Signal strength was not shown in the notification on KitKat.
- FIX: Fix for disappearing notification on Nexus 7 / KitKat
- FIX: Map URL fix for Google Maps 7+. Now uses q=lat,lon format again.
Pro features are enabled!!
This app has NO advertisements